By deciding to apply POS solutions, retail companies expect customer service to become more manageable. Hicron POSBox does more than that: its integration with the SAP ERP system enables current information on price lists, types and quantities of goods, etc. to be acquired at the points of sale, and transactions are automatically reflected in the SAP system.
What is HICRON POSBox?
POSBox is a package of applications facilitating sales and purchasing processes in retail points of sales, designed based on advanced technological solutions. It is integrated with the SAP ERP system by means of correctly functioning, tested interfaces. POSBox has a modern, graphical and intuitive user interface making it exceptionally simple to use.
POSBox has embedded business processes which are critical for a person managing a given sales facility (Shop Manager) and which are crucial for working in the point of sale (POS Terminal). All this is fully integrated with the SAP ERP system.
The functions of POSBox include:
- Managing basic data (materials, customers, prices, etc.)
- Supplying a store (ordering, delivery from the headquarters to the store, accepting delivery in the store)
- POS sales (receipt, invoice)
- Complaints (returns, price discounts)
- Storage operations (liquidation, utilization, stock-taking)
- Cash registers operations
- Daily reports
- Reporting – Shop Manager provides basic operational reports. Analytical reporting takes place in the SAP ERP system using the mechanisms used by the client, e.g. SAP BW.
Hicron POSBox package contents:
As part of the POSBox package you receive not only an efficiently working application installed in POS terminals, but also:
- Integration of POSBox with cash registers (POS Terminal)
- The application installed on the server of POS terminals; used for handling purchase processes, administrative functions and to ensure communication with the SAP system (Shop Manager)
- Database server for POS Terminal and Shop Manager applications (SQL Server)
- A set of interfaces programmed in ABAP SAP technology, ensuring problem-free implementation of all processes in Shop Manager, POS Terminal and the SAP system
- POSBox configuration in the form of dedicated configuration tables within the SAP system
- Installation manual for POS Terminal and Shop Manager
- POSBox configuration manual in SAP